Goat Cheese Tartlets Recipe
By January 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 small russet potato peeled and finely chopped
- 8 mini frozen pie crusts
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and potatoes and sauté at least 7 minutes longer or until the onions are caramelized. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, thaw the pie crusts for 10 minutes and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the cheese, chives, eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper. Stir in the cooled onion mixture. Evenly distribute in the tarts using a small ladle. Bake 17 minutes or until the filling is set and the pastry is golden-brown around the edges. Cool at least 10 minutes on a wire rack before serving.