Honey Grilled Pumpkin Recipe
By October 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 2-pound unpeeled pumpkin seeded and cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place the pumpkin slices in a large steaming basket and put over a large pot of boiling water. Steam about 15 minutes or until each is tender when pierced with a knife. Remove from the steamer and let cool. Then peel and preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Dip the pumpkin slices in the melted butter and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and mustard to form a paste and set aside. Place the pumpkin slices on the on the grill for 2 minutes on one side. Turn and baste with the honey mixture. Grill 2-3 minutes more, then turn and baste again. Cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes longer per side, and serve warm with any grilled meat.