Sautéed Pumpkin, Peppers and Greens Recipe
By October 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 2 cups cubed (1/2 inch) fresh pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 2 large handfuls Swiss chard white ribs removed
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola
- Place the pumpkin in a steamer basket over boiling water and steam 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the oil in a large wok over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the steamed pumpkin and sauté 4 minutes. Sprinkle with 1⁄4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the peppers to the wok and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the spinach and chard and sauté another 4 minutes. Add the stock and the remaining salt and pepper. Return the pumpkin to the wok and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the butter and gently stir in the cheese. Serve immediately over polenta or noodles or serve alone as a side dish.