Honeydew Bubbles Recipe
By August 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 3-ounce package lime gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine or cold water
- ice cubes
- 1/2 fresh honeydew melon seeded
- mint sprigs for garnish
- Place the gelatin in a heat-resistant mixing bowl and add the boiling water. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add enough ice cubes to the wine or cold water to measure 11⁄4 cups. Add to the gelatin, stirring until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice cubes and measure 11⁄3 cups gelatin. Divide into 6 tall serving glasses.
- Using a small melon baller, cut the melon into balls and add all but 6 balls to the gelatin glasses. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to carefully place into the glasses so it looks like bubbles. Set aside.
- Beat the remaining gelatin at high speed of an electric mixer until doubled in volume. Spoon over the gelatin in the glasses. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Garnish each with a reserved melon ball and sprig of fresh mint before serving.