Shrimp Cocktail with Honeydew Granita Recipe
By August 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste or horseradish
- 1 medium honeydew melon seeded, peeled and cut in chunks
- 2 1/3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound large shrimp cooked, peeled and deveined, with the tail still attached
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the sugar and water to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in wasabi or horseradish and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, puree the honeydew and ginger until smooth. Stir in the cooled syrup. Pour into an 11-by-9-inch baking dish. Freeze 45 minutes or until ice crystals form around the edge. Whisk the mixture to break up the ice crystals and freeze 30 minutes. Repeat four times.
- To serve, put scoops of the Honeydew Granita in serving glasses and place the cooked shrimp over the rims. Drizzle with the lime juice and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.