Warm Curried Fruit Recipe
By December 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 15.25-ounce can pear halves drained and sliced
- 1 15-ounce can apricot halves drained and sliced
- 1 15-ounce can sliced peaches drained
- 1 large Braebure, Jonathan or Granny Smith apple peeled and chopped
- 1 8-ounce jar maraschino cherries drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light brown suger firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut in pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 11-by-7-inch baking dish and set aside. Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice.
- Place the pineapple, pears, apricots, peaches, apples and cherries in a mixing bowl and gently stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In the same mixing bowl, whisk together
the reserved pineapple juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, curry powder and cinnamon. Pour over the fruit and dot with the butter. Bake 50 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving warm.