Marshmallow Fudge Recipe
By December 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 24 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Grease an 8-inch square pan and set aside. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, milk, butter and salt. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees, around 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Continue stirring until the mixture is smooth. Add the extract and pour into the prepared pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 1-inch squares.
- Note: You can add 2/3 cup of coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts to the mixture when adding the extract, if desired.