Melon Sherbet Recipe
By August 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 pounds watermelon seeds and rind removed, cut into large chunks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream divided
- 1 tablespoon sweet white wine
- Puree the melon in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the sugar and 1 cup of the cream. Stir just until the sugar dissolves completely. Add to the melon puree along with the remaining cream and wine. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, then freeze in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s directions. Serve immediately.
Note: If desired, fill eight 4-ounce ice cream/popsicle molds with the frozen sherbet. Insert the handle or a wooden popsicle stick into the base of each mold and freeze until hard, about 3 hours.