Mint and Corn Fritters Recipe
By June 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 3 cups fresh cut corn kernels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 shallots peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- sour cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine the corn, pecans, shallots, mint, salt and pepper. Add the egg and whisk in the flour to make a thick batter. Place oil to a depth of 1⁄4 inch in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- With floured hands, pat about 3 tablespoons of the batter into a fritter. Place in the skillet so that the fritters do not touch. Fry, turning once, around 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream.