Nutty Green Beans Recipe
By June 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds whole, fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped and toasted walnuts or hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place the beans in a large pot of water and place over high heat. Add 11/2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil. Cook 4 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining salt, butter, nuts, zest and pepper in a serving bowl and blend well.
- Drain the beans and add to the serving bowl, tossing to evenly coat. Serve warm.