Parmesan Chicken with a Cracker Crust Recipe
By September 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs around 30 crackers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 8 pieces chicken use an assortment
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Grease a large jellyroll pan and set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper. Place the egg in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg, then in the cracker mixture and place on the prepared pan as each is finished. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake 30 minutes. Turn the pieces over and pour the butter over the top. Continue baking around 20 minutes longer or until golden and crisp. Let rest 5 minutes before serving warm.