Pecan Pound Cake Recipe
By November 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 12-15
- 4 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 16-ounce package light brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the milk and extract. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Starting with the flour mixture, alternately add to the butter mixture with the milk. Use a low speed on the mixer and blend well after each addition. Fold in the pecans.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and bake 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack 12-15 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely on the wire rack before slicing and serving.