Pinto and Raisin Bread Canapes Recipe
By March 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 8-ounce package soft goat cheese
- 8 slices rasin bread toasted
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a small 1-quart baking dish and add the pintos, vinegar, salt, pepper and cumin. Toss to evenly coat the beans and bake 12-15 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Meanwhile, spread a thin layer of the goat cheese on one side of the raisin bread. Cut in quarters.
- Mash the beans lightly with a fork and put 1/2 tablespoon on top of each bread slice. Top with a garnish of the marmalade and serve.