Bourbon Panna Cotta Recipe
By December 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons cold heavy cream plus 1 3/4 cups, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Honey or sorghum for garnish
- If you want to serve the dessert unmolded, very lightly grease 4 (1-cup) custard cups and set aside.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the cream in a small bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Let stand undisturbed 10 minutes, then stir.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine the remaining cream, sugar and bourbon over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Remove from the heat and whisk in the gelatin and extract, stirring 1 minute.
- Evenly divide among the prepared custard cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 12 hours. To serve unmolded, gently loosen the sides from the cups with a paring knife and turn onto small serving plates, shaking vigorously to unmold. Drizzle with the honey or sorghum and serve. Otherwise, drizzle each serving with a bit of honey or sorghum and serve.