Shaved Pear and Warm Pecan Salad Recipe
By September 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 small shallot peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 4 cups mixed lettuce
- 1 large ripe pear peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- Place the shallots, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar in a food processor or blender and puree. Slowly add the oil in a thin stream with the motor running and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the pecans and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Arrange the lettuce on serving plates and top evenly with the pears. Sprinkle the warm pecans over the top and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.