Spicy Spinach-Stuffed Shells Recipe
By February 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 16-ounce package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 26-ounce jar spicy marinara or arrabbiata sauce
- 1 16-ounce package ricotta cheese
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic or onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place a large pot of water over high heat. When boiling, add the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Spread 2 cups of the marinara or arrabbiata sauce in the bottom of the prepared dish. Set the remaining sauce aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, egg, Parmesan, oregano, parsley, garlic or onion salt and pepper until well blended.
- Drain the pasta and arrange on top of the sauce in the baking dish. Gently spoon the spinach mixture into the shells, dividing evenly. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the top. Bake 20 minutes. Serve hot.