Summer Vegetable and Chicken Curry Recipe
By August 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 sweet onion peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 cups diced chicken uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest finely grated
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large tomatoes peeled, seeded and diced
- hot cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 lime wedges
- Place 1 tablespoon of the oil, the onions and curry paste in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil, chicken, salt and pepper to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Stir in the broccoli, carrots, garlic, basil and zest and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, water and tomatoes and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens. Serve warm over rice with a garnish of cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.