White Bean and Cauliflower Curry Recipe
By August 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion peeled and chopped
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned white beans drained
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 heaping tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- hot cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Place the oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium heat. Add the onions, ginger and garlic. Saute 3 minutes. Add the carrots and cabbage, cover and cook 4 minutes longer. Stir in the white beans, cauliflower, stock, curry powder and salt. Simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and peas, cover and cook 2 minutes. Serve warm over hot cooked rice with a garnish of fresh parsley.
Made your white bean and cauliflower curry this weekend it was
Fabulous. Hearty enough for a cold winter meal here in the northeast as well as healthy for us too.
I did make a couple of substitutions for ingredients I had in fridge such as sub kale for cabbage and water for vegetable broth, as well as arborio rice instead of brown bc in pantry too. All minor subs and was/is great!
I would like to request permission to post this recipe to my site
Once I am up and running and maybe to a Health Coach recipe book with a member organization I belong too. I would be sure to go e you credit as well. Thank you and look forward to your response
Integrative Health Coach