Sweet Corn Relish Recipe
By July 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 5 pints
- 15 ears sweet corn cut from the cob (9 cups)
- 2 medium sweet onions peeled and chopped
- 2 green bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- In a large stockpot, combine the corn, onions, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seeds and mustard seeds. Place over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and, with a canning funnel, ladle into hot jars, leaving 1⁄2-inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles, wipe the jar rims and cover with the lid, then the screwband. Process in a boiling water bath 15 minutes.
- Remove from the canner and place on a wire rack away from drafts to cool completely 24 hours. Check the seals, tighten the screwbands, label and store in a cool, dark place for up to a year.