Tomato Basil Dressed Green Bean Salad Recipe
By June 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans and cook about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, prepare an ice-water bath. Drain the beans and immediately plunge in the ice water for 5 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and onions.
- Place the oil, basil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to emulsify. Drizzle over the beans and toss to evenly coat. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours and serve chilled.