Tuna Vegetable Casserole Recipe
By February 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 12-ounce package wide egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 10-ounce package whole mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 6-ounce cans chunk light tuna packed in water drained
- 1 10-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom or celery soup
- 2 cups frozen edamame or English peas thawed
- 1 cup frozen three-pepper-and-onion blend thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup dry seasoned breadcrumbs
- Place a large pot of water over high heat. When boiling, add the noodles and cook 2 minutes less than the package directions suggest. Drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Set aside. Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When melted, add the mushrooms and cook 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with half of the salt and pepper. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the tuna, soup, edamame or English peas, pepper-and-onion blend, mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice and the remaining salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms and juices and gently stir in the noodles. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- In the mushroom skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. When melted, remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over tuna mixture. Bake 45 minutes and serve warm.