Barbecued Chicken Meatballs Recipe
By November 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 14 Servings
- 1 egg
- 1 2-pound package ground chicken
- 1 cup dry, seasoned breadcrumbs fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic or onion salt
- 1 16-ounce bottle barbeque sauce
- Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl and stir in the chicken, breadcrumbs, parsley, cilantro and salt. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease two jellyroll pans and two wire cooling racks. Place the cooling racks on the jellyroll pans. Using a large scoop or your hands, shape the chicken mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the racks. Bake 20 minutes.
- Serving suggestion No. 1: Transfer the meatballs to a lightly greased small slow cooker and turn on warm or low heat. Cover with the barbecue sauce and serve warm with picks.
- Serving suggestion No. 2: Transfer the meatballs to a warm serving platter and drizzle with the barbecue sauce. Place the remaining sauce in a bowl and serve with the meatballs for dipping.