Canned pickled jalapeño peppers Recipe
By September 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 pints
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 20 large jalapeno peppers or 40 small, stemmed and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- Place the vinegar, water, salt and cumin in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, pack the pepper slices into four warm pint jars, and add one garlic clove to each jar. Prepare a water bath canner with boiling water over high heat.
- Ladle the boiling vinegar mixture into each jar, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust the lids and screw bands. Carefully place into the water bath and process 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the water bath canner and place on a wire rack away from drafts to cool to room temperature. Store at least 1 month to allow flavors to develop before using.