Spicy pickled peppers — not canned Recipe
By September 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 quart
- 4 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 pound jalapeno or Fresno peppers stems left on
- Place the vinegar, honey, peppercorns, cloves, bay leaves and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low for 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers to the simmering liquid and increase the heat to high. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to a quart container and refrigerate. Store at least three days before using. Peppers will keep in the refrigerator up to six weeks.