Cauliflower Egg Salad Recipe
By May 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 large head cauliflower 2 pounds, cut into flourets
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 heaping tablespoons drained capers
- 3 heaping tablespoons chopped black olives
- 4 hard-cooked eggs peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans or chick-peas drained and rinsed
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain in a large colander and immediately add the capers and olives. Toss well and let cool to room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons of the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the mixing bowl and toss to evenly coat. Gently add the eggs and garbanzo beans or chickpeas. Drizzle with the remaining oil. Adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days and serve cold.