Chocolate-Caramel Apples Recipe
By October 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 2 9-ounce packages caramels unwrapped
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 12 apples
- 12 wooden craft or popsicle sticks
- 2 12-ounce packages milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- Place the caramels and milk in a deep glass bowl and microwave on low power at 30-second intervals for about 2 minutes. Stir until smooth and cool slightly for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the stems from the apples and insert a wooden stick into the top of each apple. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Quickly dip and roll the apples in the caramel sauce until completely coated. Place on the prepared baking sheet to dry for at least 1 hour.
- Place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave on low power at 30-second intervals for about 11/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Dip the caramel apples in the melted chocolate about halfway, then roll in the chopped nuts. Return to the baking sheet to set for at least 1 hour.