Coconut Peach Crisp Recipe
By September 1, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 1 cup oats rolled
- 1 cup almonds ground, blanched
- 1 tablespoon flour all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons flour all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract pure
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut lightly packed, sweetened
- 2 1/2 pounds peaches peeled, pitted and thinly sliced (about 6 large peaches)
- 1/3 cup sugar granulated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- whipped cream
- Position the rack in lowest third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 13-inch-by-9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Place the oats on a baking sheet and toast 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a mixing bowl and cool completely. Increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Add the almonds, 1 tablespoon of the flour, the baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the extract, oat mixture and coconut. Set aside.
- Place the peaches in the prepared dish. Add the remaining flour, the granulated sugar and juice, tossing gently to coat. Crumble the oat topping over the peaches. Bake until crisp and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving with a dollop of whipped cream.