Honey-Roasted Pears with Pine Nuts Recipe
By September 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 pears ripe
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sweet white wine or white grape juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 4 teaspoons sugar divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the lemon juice in a shallow dish. Cut the pears in half, peel and remove the cores. Dip the pears in the lemon juice and place them cut side up in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Place 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the hollow of each pear. Drizzle with the wine or grape juice, honey and any remaining lemon juice.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, turning the pears halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the pine nuts in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Shake the pan occasionally and as they begin to brown. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the sugar. Cook 1 minute or until the sugar melts and caramelizes.
- Place the remaining sugar, cream and extract in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally and heat for 5 minutes or until just slightly warm.
- To serve, place 2 pear halves on each plate. Drizzle with the warm cream and sprinkle with the caramelized pine nuts.