Italian Sausage and Mushroom Pizza Recipe
By May 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 sweet or hot Italian sausage links casings removed
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cremini or button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 4 pizza crust
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage 5 minutes until browned. Add the shitake mushrooms and pepper. Cook 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the cremini or button mushrooms. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare the crusts as instructed above. When ready to top, sprinkle the crusts evenly with the cheese. Divide the sausage and mushroom mixture evenly among the crusts. Cook as directed above and serve warm.