Lamb Sausage and Feta Breakfast Pizza
By January 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound lamb sausage or Italian sausages with the casings removed
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 8 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 8 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage 7 minutes, breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Meanwhile, slice the bread horizontally in half and place the halves with the cut side up on separate baking sheets. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the onions, 6 tablespoons of the oil, salt and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture and spread the remaining over the bread. Top evenly with the cheese.
- Drain the sausage if necessary and divide the sausage between the bread halves. Bake until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat two large skillets over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of the remaining oil to each skillet. Crack 4 eggs into each skillet and cook 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the eggs stand while the bread bakes.
- Arrange 4 eggs on top of each bread slice and spoon the reserved onion oil over the top. Cut into pieces and serve warm.