Mocha Cheesecake Bars Recipe
By March 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 32
- 1 18.25-ounce package chocolate cake mix
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar divided
- 1 16-ounce container sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, butter and 1 egg at low speed until blended. Press into the prepared pan and bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar at medium-high speed until blended and smooth. Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low and add the remaining eggs. Spread over the hot crust.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until the center is just set. Do not overbake. Whisk together the sour cream and remaining powdered sugar until smooth. Dissolve instant coffee in water and add to sour cream mixture. Spread over the top and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before cutting and serving.