Red Potato and Avocado Salad Recipe
By July 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut in cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 small shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 ripe avocados seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and cook 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the oil, cilantro, lime juice, salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake to emulsify.
- When the potatoes have cooled, transfer to a serving bowl and add the shallots, garlic and avocados. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes. Toss with the red bell peppers just before serving.