Sausage and Beef Meatloaf
By January 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 pound pork sausage hot, ground
- 1 pound ground chuck or ground sirloin
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers crushed
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of two loaf pans with aluminum foil, allowing at least 2 inches to extend over the sides. Fold the foil down along the sides of the pan and lightly grease the inside. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the sausage, ground chuck or sirloin, tomato sauce, bell peppers, onions, crackers and eggs. Divide mixture evenly into the two prepared pans. Bake 50 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 160 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from the pans, using the foil sides as handles. Slice and serve warm.
- Note: If using only one loaf, let the remaining loaf cool completely in the pan. Wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil or freezer paper, label and freeze up to one month.