White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
By December 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 16 shortbread cookies divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 1-ounce squares white chocolate melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla or almond extract
- Lightly grease 8 cups from a regular muffin tin and line completely with plastic wrap. Set aside. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let stand undisturbed 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, crush the cookies and set ¼ cup aside. Add the melted butter to the remaining cookies and process until blended. Evenly divide the mixture among the muffin cups and press in the bottom to form a crust.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend together the melted chocolate, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and extract. Add the gelatin and mix until smooth. Evenly divide among the muffin cups. Cover and chill overnight. To serve, unmold and place with the crust down on a serving plate. Garnish with the reserved crushed cookies.